A marketing campaign can go from successful to utterly disastrous just because of a headline. What is the key to creating a good headline?
What it Takes to Write a Great Headline
You know a headline is doing its job when it can turn a potential customer into a sale. It seems like something so simple, yet it is quite impactful. Have you ever read a newspaper headline and decided to just turn the page or not read it at all? A headline has that power. It can either invite people in or scare them away.
A headline must be written well in order to be effective and draw the reader into the ad.
Source: The Balance
The Creative Process Behind a Quality Headline
- Start with a solid creative brief. This is where great ideas start flowing.
- Immerse yourself in the product or service you are advertising. The more you know about it, the easier it will be to come up with good ideas.
- Consider where the ad will be placed and who the target audience will be.
- Stop thinking and start writing. If you think about it too much, it will be harder to get your creative juices flowing.
- Analyze your ideas and start mixing and matching words or phrases. Eventually, a compelling headline will emerge.
The goal is to come up with a headline that goes beyond tickling people’s curiosity and hooks them instead. When a potential customer reads your headline and feels the urge to learn more, you know you wrote an effective headline. Make a winner combo by pairing a quality headline one of our many signage options. Our innovative signage products will turn heads and make you the focal point. Get a quote today or give us a call at 615-462-5383. Together, we can create great things.